Jump to the Right Product!
In a research, researchers found that your sink may have the same amount of bacteria that your toilet bowl has. So you must give attention and take steps to disinfect it. As far we know, this is the item thaAt a family needs to use every day. So, it’s normal that those get dirty in a short time.
We need to clean them in a healthy way otherwise we need to face many dangerous diseases. We can use several things while using it. We can use baking soda or vinegar or lemon juice to make it cleaner in easiest way. There is a guideline for cleaning the kitchen sink. We can clean it with eco-friendly ingredients that available on home.
Ingredients You May Need
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Dish soap
- Old toothbrush
- Paper towels
- Olive oil
Steps You Can Follow for Cleaning Your Sink
- When cleaning begins, there should be no part of foods or no dirty dishes exists. Remove all the food scraps before starting work.
- Start scrubbing it. Move sponge holder as well as drain stopper before starting scrubbing it.
- You can use a soft cloth or sponge along with soap and warm water for cleaning. Clean the faucet along with outer rim with those. Do circular movements for getting better results.
- Now use hot water to remove bad odors. It also softens gooey materials exist on the drainage way. Thus remove the gunk otherwise those can clog the drain. Wet the whole sink with warm water.
- Now let’s clean the surface. For cleaning it we need a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice. Baking soda is the abrasive that assist in breaking food particles. Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda with ¼ cup of lemon juice. Pour the mixture on the surface and wait for 10 minutes. Now pour hot water into it. In some specific parts such as faucet or handles, use toothbrush for scrubbing. Lemon juice keeps the sink shining and thus it looks shiny for longer.
- Then make a blending of ½ cup of baking soda with ¼ cup of lemon juice along with ½ cup of white vinegar. Add boiling water into it. Now pour those into sink that will help to remove gunk. Vinegar will create bubbles while rinsing the sink. We use vinegar when we find hard water stains in the sink.
- The next step is polishing it. Use towels for drying it and use flour into the sink. At first, sprinkle the flour, then buff around those. Do this until the sink glistens. You can also give a touch of olive oil for keeping it wonderful.
Things to Remember While Cleaning
- Use rubber gloves while pouring mixtures on sink. Try the sink with two drains and also the dip that will help to wash large pans.
- Don’t forget to scrub also outside of the sink. Scrub for more than 20 seconds in each area.
- If your sink is of stainless steel, keep in mind there should be no scratches for scrubbing.
- Baking soda is most useful in cleaning acrylic based sinks. In the case of sinks made of porcelain or stainless steel, a mixture of powdered borax with lemon juice can provide great results.
- Sanitizing is a must for killing all the germs that exist in the kitchen sink. While doing sanitizing, don’t forget to plug the drain. In that case, you can add some bleach with warm water for working faster.
- Don’t forget to use sponges while wiping handle or faucet.
For daily cleaning, you can use warm water with detergent. Use the mixture for rinsing and removing any food particles.
For cleaning weekly basis, you can use baking soda, can sprinkle it around the sink. After that start cleaning with a sponge or cloth. You can also use hydrogen peroxide for disinfecting it from dangerous germs.
How to Remove Black or Gray Stains?
Create a mixture of scrub gel, borax and lemon juice and use it for removing stains. Thus you can resist scratches as well as scuff marks. After adding some water, start scrubbing for cleaning it in a nice way. If your water tap can pour hot water, then it’s ok. Otherwise you need to boil. If you find spots in your faucet handle, use a paper towel and pour vinegar in that spot before wiping out.
Sink of Heavy gauge steel are of great value. Choose the one which is Easy to install with great depth. you have a well made and beautiful sink with unique design. Then don’t worry about it’s wear ability and clean ability. While buying, choose the sink that is Easy to clean. A set that comes with crates, drains AND a wonderful faucet. Here we have shared those tricks that people are using for longer. Those are the tricks that aren’t costly at all.